Friday, February 18, 2011

Distressed Coloured Gloss Card Class

The technique for this fortnight's set of classes at Scraptivate is Distressed Coloured Gloss Card. Now I know that everyone just loves the Ranger Distress Inks so much, especially since there are 36 gorgeous colours. I have 35, the only colour I just can't get into is Dried Marigold...think it has something to do with a bridesmaid dress I had to wear when I was 15 and it was just hideous!

So to add colour your gloss card with the Distress Inks is simple, take a piece of the Ranger Cut'n'dry Foam (4cm x 3cm is perfect!) and load it up with the distress ink and apply to a piece of gloss card in a circular motion. This way you can just buy white gloss card and you can alter the colour to any of the wonderful distress inks that are available! I go a step further in this class....water! It creates a blotchy distressed looking background that works just beautifully with the Black Stazon Ink Pad and your favourite stamps.


"Skeleton"...

"Passageway"...

"Formal Attire"...


"Exhibitionism"...



WARNING......naked male butt coming up!!!...... Here's the last sample from the previous class - Ten Second Studio Metal run through the cuttlebug and then alcohol inked. This is the background, and how could I possibly resist putting this particular picture on it. I ask you, how could I possibly resist!!! ;-)



More samples of the Distressed Coloured Gloss Card class to come.

4 comments:

Svetlana said...

As always great backgrounds but I like "Hard angels".

Jen xo said...

These look so cool...thanks for sharing....

Samantha Marshall said...

Hi Kelsey
This technique is amazing!!!I absolutely adore Skeleton-the stamp? is fantastic!! The ATCs are gorgeous. x

Glenda said...

All fabulous Kelsey
Hey, I use Dried Marigold a lot especially on my zetti stuff. You better get one and have a play LOL