Friday, March 11, 2016

ORANGE POWER

The technique for this fortnight uses a product called Orange Power by Planet Ark (Sticky spot & Goo Remover specifically as there are other products they make... on a side-note I particularly like their air freshener spray for the smallest room in the house!)  Years ago I did a technique using a product called Citro-Solve which was sprayed onto old National Geographic Magazines (circa 1980's) which dissolved and distressed the ink to create wonderfully organic looking backgrounds.  

Now Citro-Solve is not readily available here in Australia, but I had read on-line that this product might work.  Luckily I had a box of old National Geographic magazines hanging around, one was dated 1960!!!  I chose the ones from 1980-1990 as I remember having the best success with these.  

Basically I just sprayed some of the product onto the picture pages (dark coloured pictures work the best) and smooshed them around a bit and peeled apart to let them dry.  What you see below is the results!  Pretty happy that this works still.  Obviously if you don't have an old box of Nat Geo's hanging around, you'll have to try other magazines.  I haven't tested it out on newer magazines but it's worth giving it a go!

"Silence"...

"Allure"...

"Disguise"...

"Dreamscape"...

"Portrait"...

Below are the samples of some of the pages made using this technique.





No comments: