Tuesday, July 12, 2016

BLEEDING BACKGROUNDS

This is the last technique for this current book so the next technique in a fortnight will be the beginning of Book #16 and we will be using Yupo Paper!!!   Before I get ahead of myself with the excitement of Yupo Paper and Alcohol Inks, this fortnight's technique is called Bleeding Backgrounds.  I have used both crepe paper as well as cheap tissue paper (not the acid free stuff) as these both bleed beautifully onto watercolour paper when you add water.  I quite like some of the white exposed areas as well but if you wanted to totally cover your area, you can.  

You can either stamp straight onto the background and then use your chosen colouring in medium to colour in your image, ie: Gelato's, watercolour crayons, Twinkling H2O's, Distress Markers etc.  I actually used watercolour pencils to colour in the image first, then used an aqua brush (water brush that holds water in the barrel) to blend the colours together.  In the first two examples below, Bacteria and Regenerate, I stamped the images onto plain card and coloured first before fussy cutting out and attaching to the background.  The final two were both stamped straight onto the background and then I used watercolour pencils to add extra colour and water to blend.

"Bacteria"... (like my hand-drawn bacteria?)

"Regenerate"...

"Eat WHAT?"...

"Home"...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love them all Kelsey. I will miss this class but save it for me please. Looking forward to doing it when I get back.